top of page

College & Career Center 

Website under construction, thank you for your patience! 

Wendy Scott
College & Career Readiness Specialist 

Student drop-in hours M-F 
7:15AM-2:45PM upstairs in the LRC

email to schedule an appointment

Providing resources to empower and engage Riverview School District students in their journey through high school and beyond.

Find post-high school focused events! Includes online opportunities, CHS events, college visits, military lunches, enrichment opportunities,  even scholarships and more in our Event Calendar!


Event Calendar


















Financial Aid

Seniors -

Even if you think you have enough money to pay for college, you should fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to avoid missing out on grants, scholarships, and low-cost financial aid.

It's important to know that beyond grants and scholarships, filling out the FAFSA is what's required to get Federal student loans. That's why you should also make sure that you're filling out the FAFSA every year you attend school.

Should you complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or a WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid)? 

Remember, you only need to fill out one, the WASFA OR the FAFSA. You do not complete both!

If you are unsure if you should complete a FAFSA or a WASFA, complete the WASFA Eligibility Questionnaire.



It is important that the FAFSA or WASFA is completed as early as possible so you do not miss out on financial aid that you may be eligible for. Make sure you fill it out each year you attend school.

FAFSA is Required for Federal Student Loans

The federal government offers student and parent loans that are not based on financial need and can help your student afford college.

Federal loans generally have very favorable interest rates and repayment terms, which can help lessen the impact of school debt after graduation.

Any student, regardless of income, who wants to borrow federal student loans (also known as Stafford or Direct student loans), must fill out the FAFSA to get access to these loans.

In addition, any parent, regardless of income, who would like to borrow the Parent PLUS Loan must also fill out the FAFSA. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that unforeseeable financial events can happen, and your situation may change.


Review the CHS 2022-23 Financial Aid presentation here.

Student Financial Assistance at the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC):

The 12th Year Campaign can help you with two important steps you need to take to go to college: applying for college and applying for financial aid. 


Otterbot is a free texting service designed to help Washington students navigate financial aid for college and career education. Access Otterbot via text message 24/day, 7/days a week by texting "Hi Otter" to 360-928-7281. For more information go to:

Filing a FAFSA® is the single most important thing you can do to get money for college. It's the gateway to more than $150 billion in college grants, work-study funds, and federal student loans, as well as certain state-based aid.

WUE (Western Undergraduate Exchange)

WUE: Western Undergraduate Exchange allows eligible students to choose from hundreds of undergraduate programs outside their home state and pay no more than 150% of those institutions resident tuition rate.

College Bound Scholars

As you reach the end of high school, it is important to understand how to access the College Bound Scholarship. 

Review the program requirements and prepare yourself for what comes next. The College Bound commitment ensures that eligible students will have their tuition at public college rates, some fees and a small book allowance covered by state financial aid. This document outlines the steps you will take to access the scholarship, as well as the responsibility of your college and the College Bound program.

Job Board

Community members: If you have a position that would be suitable for high schoolers and would like to post on the College & Career Readiness Center's Job Board, please email Becca Chaffee or Wendy Scott for assistance. 


Course Guide and Course Selection
Running Start
College & Career
Student & Parent Resources
Graduation Requirements
bottom of page